The ACFE’s Austin Area Chapter scholarships are $500 each. A maximum of six scholarships will be awarded each year.
To be eligible for the Austin Area Chapter scholarships, the applicant must
- Be an undergraduate student currently enrolled in at least 9 semester hours at a four-year or upper-level accredited college or university with a declared major or minor in accounting, business administration, finance, or criminal justice OR
- Be a graduate student currently enrolled in at least 6 semester hours per term at an accredited college or university with a declared major or minor in accounting, business administration, finance, or criminal justice.
- Have at least two additional semesters (summer school will count as one semester) prior to graduation.
- Complete and submit the application packet. The application packet requires an official transcript, three letters of recommendation (one of which must be from a CFE or local ACFE chapter representative), answers to application questions, and a 250-500 word essay.
The following individuals are not eligible for the Austin Area Chapter’s scholarship:
- High school students (including graduating seniors);
- Junior or community college students;
- Past winners of the scholarship
Austin Area Chapter’s Scholarship Application (92K Word)
2014-2015 Scholarship Schedule:
- Application Deadline – December 7, 2013 (received by this date)
- Winners Announced – December 20, 2013
- Scholarships Awarded – February 4, 2014
The application packet should be addressed to:
Austin Area Chapter
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
PO Box 13462
Austin, Texas 78711
Or you may scan and submit the application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who wish to apply for a scholarship but who are not acquainted with a Certified Fraud Examiner should contact the Austin Area Chapter of the ACFE to receive names of some local representatives. It is the applicant’s responsibility to meet with a CFE in person if possible (or by phone if necessary) to receive a recommendation.
Scholarships are awarded annually on the basis of:
- Overall academic achievement demonstrated by official transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
The Austin Area Chapter does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, or sexual orientation in the awarding of its scholarships.
ACFE Richie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship
In addition to the Austin Area Chapter scholarships, the ACFE Foundation distributes multiple Richie-Jennings Memorial Scholarships. Students worldwide are eligible to apply and four different scholarship amounts are awarded: one $10,000 scholarship, two $5,000 scholarships, four $2,500 scholarships, and 23 $1,000 scholarships. The Ritchie-Jennings Memorial scholarships are awarded in U.S. dollars and include a one-year ACFE Student Associate membership. Scholarships are paid directly to a student’s university.
If local winners have completed the ACFE’s application and questionnaire for the Richie-Jennings Memorial Scholarships, that information will be forwarded and recommended to the ACFE Foundation Scholarship Committee. Additional information for ACFE Foundation scholarships can be obtained at http://www.acfe.com/scholarship.aspx.